Friday, April 18

Spinning some pretty yarn

When I saw these batts for sale I just had to buy them. (Yes, even though my stash is overflowing!) They are 3.2 ounces of lusciousness in BFL, silk, and bamboo. The colors are so beautiful. Ordered them and when they arrived I immediately started spinning them up on my Kromski Fantasia. Finished the first batt in an evening and the second the next evening. Plyed my singles on the third evening.

I spun each batt up by color to create a long color run in the yarn. I love working with colorways like this. Here's a picture of my finished yarn wound up in a ball. I now have. 210 yards of I'm guessing a sport or DK weight yarn to play with. It's so pretty that I have to dream up something fun to make from it.




These batts were so smooth, well prepped, and easy to spin that I have been extremely tempted to go back and buy a braid of merino/tencel in shaded pinks or to order the 3 month rolag club. Then this morning I learned that Roe of Purls is offering a 15% off discount this weekend on all purchases.

Oh, oh! Step away from that keyboard and lock up the credit cards! LOL!

I'll offer more eye candy by showing you the gorgeous turquoise stitch markers I also purchased with the batts.

Will I share a link for this shop and the discount code? Why not? I can't keep this Etsy shop to myself.

Roe of Purls on Etsy

Discount code for 15% off through Sunday is DROP15. Use this code at checkout to get 15% off your order.

Better now wait long to check it out, I'm on my way over to see what items are calling my name. LOL!




No comments: