Tuesday, April 21

Where do my knitted items go?

Recently someone asked me how many things I knit (or crochet) do I keep for myself? After taking a closer look at what I have made over the past year--not many. I was a surprised at how much of my knitting is given away or donated to a cause. Though that's not a bad thing. I should make some things specifically for me.

Gifts for friends & family
Beret & scarf set
Syrian shawl
Red socks
Dishcloths & scrubbie sponges
Hooded baby sweater
Multidirectional scarf
Mobius shrug (2)
Triangle shawl in my handspun yarn
Novelty yarn triangle shawl
Tudora scarf
Tudora headband/cowl
Turn a Square Hats (2)
Reverse Bloom Washcloth
Hugs Scarf
Flower Child Shawl
Dzomba slippers
Swirl baby blankets (2)
Waves scarf & fingerless mitts
Wings to Heaven shawl
2 baby sweaters, 2 matching hats, baby socks, and bibs
Oliphant elephant toy

Comfort blankets
Strip for love blanket - group project for knitting friend who had cancer
Not a Granny Square Blanket - for neighbor whose mother died at Christmas time
6x6 squares (3) - part of a blanket for a friend whose husband has cancer

Charity donations
Celtic Hearts scarf size & other scarves - donated to Scarves From the Heart
Multiple hats and scarves and a Wings to Heaven scarf - donated to fundraiser to support local women's violence charities
Fire Bird Shrug & Shawl* and many cat toys - Pet Refuge
*The shawl raised $75.00 in a silent auction. :)

Other
Mountain Sunrise scarf - shop display
Acorn bag - Ravelry swap
Dumpling bag - Ravelry swap
Candy corn coasters & dishcloths - door prize

Hubby
Earflap Hat
Ribby Neckwarmer

Mine or unclaimed so far :)
Celtic Hearts Shawl
Socks (3 pair)
Walden Pond scarf
Fire Bird Shawl
Love Bird Shawl (2)
Wings to Heaven Shawl
Fireside Throw
Mittenz
Dzomba slippers (2)

1 comment:

Moonlit Goddess said...

I tend to be one of those "selfish" knitters or quilters. Most of my stuff I keep for myself. I've knitted a few gifts, but nothing really hard, just scarves, felted purse and 1 pair of socks. My give away quilts are usually baby quilts.