Sunday, February 22

Nasty bug!

Hey everyone,

I've been sick with some bug for over a week now. My sense of taste and smell are finally returning and my head and chest are decongesting. For several days I felt like something the cat dragged in. Though I'm getting better, this bug is leaving too slowly for my taste. I haven't picked up my needles in a week. My concentration and energy have been in the minus zone. Does that tell you how sick I've been?

Hubby has a touch of it but nothing like what I got plastered with.

Several days ago I lost my balance as I was taking a desperately needed shower. One second I was on my feet and the next I was sitting down in the tub! My guardian angel must have been working overtime that day as I seem to have suffered few ill effects. Of course, since I already felt like someone had run me over several times and stuffed my head full of cotton wool, I just may not have noticed. :-)

I can usually function when I have a cold or virus. This bug has made my head so muzzy, that I can't concentrate.

Meanwhile, our weather has gone downhill again. We've gotten 10 inches of snow since yesterday with more lake effect predicted. It won't last long. About Wednesday the temps are supposed to warm up into the 40's and rain. That should get melt most of this off.

Our garden seed orders are in. We'll be starting plants inside soon. I'm so ready to start thinking about gardening season and spring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I hate being sick, especially like that. Looking forward to seeing you on Weds!

Tinkerbell said...

sorry to hear you've been unwell. i've had a bad back with all this cold - it IS humid here. so i did let go of my projects for a few days. im catching up, however :)

Carrie said...

Hi Vicki,

I tried to contact you via e-mail, but I'm not sure if you got it. I am the advisor for a high school group called Charity Knits. We would like to sell your "bunny egg covers" for Easter to raise money for our local domestic violence shelter. 100% of our profit goes to charity and we donate all supplies! Please let me know by responding to me at ketchemc@beaverdam.k12.wi.us
Thank you and I hope you are feeling better. Your patterns are great!