Sunday, May 11

Feeling better

Sorry, I've been absent for so long. I have really been whomped with allergy and sinus problems. I am feeling much better and my energy level is rising again.

I haven't felt much like knitting or spinning lately. My crochet hook has come out. I crocheted a twirly scarf out of some orange and white DK boucle yarn I had in my stash. I have to say it was much faster to crochet one of these than to knit it. I'll send it off to Scarves for the Heart. I have several scarves ready to mail to them again. I'll try to get a picture up of it.

I retrieved a huge bag of acrylic yarn from the basement. It is not so great yarn I had double stranded and rolled into big balls. I had planned to knit cage cozies for Pet Refuge with it at one time. It's been sitting on a shelf in the basement for several years. I decided I'd rather crochet some big throw rugs out of it. I started an oval shaped one yesterday.

I've been playing with an idea for a knitted lace scarf. I don't like how it's knitting up so I've shelved it for the moment.

Friday, I helped my mom run a garage sale at her house. I had planned to take a bunch of stuff over for it. Then I got sick and didn't have time to sort it out. The weather wasn't bad for it. It was a little chilly with some sun and clouds. At least it didn't rain. :-)

Yesterday, I felt good enough to go outside and trim the dead stuff off of my wisteria, rose bushes, hydrangea, and forsythia. The flower beds still need to be cleaned out. My next door neighbor, Paula, loves to garden. She wants to help me clean out the beds. She cleaned out two of them while we were gone to the wedding last week. It was a very pleasant surprise! It's so nice to have good neighbors. Hubby got part of our vegetable garden tilled too.

Today, I went to my mom's with her a Mother's Day card and gift. I also helped her box up some of the garage sale leftovers. Hubby and I brought took some of it and dropped it off at the Goodwill box.

Here's a couple of pictures from the wedding last weekend. I knew I wasn't feeling great that day. I didn't know how bad until I looked at this picture. Can you see the dazed expression on my face? LOL! You can see a little of the dress I shopped so long to find. That's my SIL Dana on the right. Hubby was all tricked out in a tux as an usher for the wedding. Isn't he handsome? Still makes my heart skip a beat when I see him all dressed up like that. He tells me that it will be our 16th wedding anniversary this week. It certainly doesn't seem like that long ago that we said "I do." :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! That dress was perfect for you:-)

MUDNYC said...

That dress looks GREAT on you!