Sunday, October 21

Scarf along

I still have scarves on the brain. I finished 3 more in the last week and have ideas for more, especially patterns for guys. I've found lots of good patterns online for scarves for women but not much for guys.

1) Simple garter stitch scarf from a chenille yarn with a silver metallic strand running through it (Caron Glimmer). I tapered the ends for a different look. One 49 yard skein made this simple scarf. Dimensions: 43" x 4.5"

2) Crocheted triangle scarf from Sandnes Soft Mohair. I used one 120 yard skein and a little from a second skein. The colorway has several shades of violet/purple and some lime green. It's really much prettier than the picture shows. Dimensions: 44" wide x 19" long at tip. I did this as a top down decreasing triangle. Chained about 88 stitches with a size K hook and decreased down one stitch at the start of each row. Dc, chain 1 across each row. The scarf was a little small so I added a treble crochet border and a chain 6 every other stitch edge on top of that. There is still one full skein and a partial to use up or trade for something else.

3) SW Textured Scarf - this is a new pattern I came up with that's good for either guys or gals. It looks like the "eye" design seen in lots of southwestern designs. Red Heart Supersaver Flecks acrylic worsted weight yarn.
Dimensions: 43" x 6"

Worsted weight yarn
2.3 ounces/about 150 yards
US 10.5 (6.5 mm) needles


Pattern #3 is available for free through my Ravelry pattern store.

No comments: