Monday, April 9

Easter clearance sales

Don't forget to hit the Easter clearance sales today. It's a good time to pick up Easter Egg dye to use to dye wool yarn. I went to Joann Fabrics this morning and got the last 5 boxes at 29 cents a box (70% off). Each one has 6 dye tablets in it. Then I went over to Target to see what they had at 50% off. Watch your labels as some of their packages only have 3 or 4 tablets in them. I bought two boxes for 75 cents each that have 9 color tablets in them! They're the Dudley's Easter Egg Decorating Kit in the green box. The normal colors in these kits are blue, green, yellow, orange, pink or purple. Not this one! It has blue, TEAL, green, yellow, orange, BROWN, STRAWBERRY, pink, and purple.

I pulled out the Shetland scarf that has been stalled because of other projects. I wound the yarn into a center pull ball so I can start the other end of the scarf. This pattern is one you have to knit the ends separately and graft one of them on so that the pattern runs the same direction when you wear it.

I've started a new pair of socks with some Opal Magic sock yarn in pink. It's a beauty! I have one sock done except for the bind off. It's too tight and I have to do it again. I found a new method I'm going to try out. The Opal yarn is definitely a little bit thinner than the Regia and other brands I've knit with.

I buy my sock yarn online at Little Knits. Sue has a good selection of sock yarn, including Opal. Some of it's on sale for $7.50 and $8.75 for a 462 yard skein (enough to make a pair of socks. Check out the Skacel Trampoline Stretch sock yarn in Tiger for $3.50 a skein (2 balls makes a pair of socks). Even though I didn't need to buy any more sock yarn, the 50% off lured me into purchasing some more. I order my sock yarn online as none of our local stores carry more than a handful of skeins.

While I was there I also ordered a skein of Lane Borgosesia Cashwool. It's 100% extrafine merino laceweight put up in 1,460 yard skeins. I bought a skein of purple to try out plus a couple of Jade Sapphire shawl patterns---A Girl's Best Friend and the Crystalline Shawl. Both are gorgeous! The Crystalline Shawl takes 700 yards of yarn. I'm seriously considering making it up in the peachy pink Corriedale/tencel I spun recently. I just happen to have about 716 yards of it! LOL!

Contest update: There are now 129 triangular shawl, scarf, shawlette, etc. patterns on the list. You have through next Sunday to enter to win some yarn. I'm going to add a fourth yarn prize. Watch for a pic soon!

No comments: