Friday, January 19

Yarn bands for handspun

Julie posted a comment yesterday asking about my yarn bands. They're something I put together. My handspun was piling up and I'd forget how many yards was in a skein what type of wool it was, etc. I decided what I would like on my yarn labels and laid it out in Word Perfect with a nice font. I print them sideways on a letter size sheet. I usually use acid-free scrapbooking paper. Cut them apart, fill them out, and tape them around your skeins. I gave a bunch of them out to spinning friends at a recent Spin In we had.

If you want to print these out for yourself, copy the jpg file to your computer. Open your word processing program and set the smallest margins for the page that you can. Now insert the jpg file into the page and size it to full size. You should be ready to print! Enjoy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome yarn bands. I've been meaning to make myself some but you have saved me some work. Thanks so much. And you even covere dstuff I would not have thought about (like the date it was spun). Again, thanks.

Stitch 'n Dye said...

They are great. Love the Font. Such a great but simple idea. Thank you very much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea...and than kyou for sharing! I have found that fiber people are the very best at sharing ideas,information, patterns, and everything else too!! It is much easier to be a newbie when experienced people are willing to share their knowledge with you!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Just what I needed :)Thanks for making these up and sharing them.

Islagringo said...

Now I am totally chastized for my first comment on your blog. Now you are giving away yarn bands! How generous.

Theresa Novak said...

Thanks for posting this. What is the name of the font you used? I really like it.

Vicki said...

The font is called CAC One Seventy.