Saturday, December 23

Unexpected gifts and a yarn swap

Two of my knitting/spinning buddies, Elizabeth and Jessica, surprised me this week with Christmas gifts. The Adamas shawl pattern and 2 skeins of Jewel blue laceweight from Elizabeth and a felted notions bag and a Nicky Epstein book from Jess. Wow! I love everything! I gave Elizabeth some black lambswool with white silk roving from Greyside Farm. It's so soft! Jess, I know you're reading this, so I won't blog about your gift. You'll have to wait to find out what it is! :-)

Elizabeth and I also swapped our laceweight handspun. My black Shetland with colored silk (see earlier post) for her gorgeous merino/silk blend in blue and purple. These are so my colors! See the extra roving in the pic? Once I spin it up I will have well over 1,000 yards for a shawl. Now to find a pattern.

The feather and fan scarf was completed last night and is on the blocking board. It's about 60" long and 10" wide. It's my creation from start to finish---from spinning the yarn, to making up a pattern (how hard is it to choose a stitch pattern from Barbara Walker? LOL!), and finally knitting it! It has love spun and knit into every stitch. Hope my SIL likes it when I give it to her on Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I'm so glad you like the laceweight Vicki. You are welcome to borrow the Butterfly Garden but it is a square shawl. i think I'm going to knit Evelyn Clark's Paisley shawl with the purple you gave me. I love that yarn!!! The Paisley Shawl is one of my favorite designs.

Anonymous said...

elizabeth is just the greatest, i love spening time with her when we go to indiana, how fortunate you are to be closer!