Tuesday, December 26

One holiday down and one to go

Christmas was pretty low key with both sides of my family this year. My MIL and Mom are both recouperating from surgery. It's gift enough that both are them are on the mend!

Christmas Eve we went to my inlaws for a bite to eat and to spend some time together. We don't do gifts anymore. It's nice to get together, have a little less stress, and remember what the holiday is truly all about. On Christmas Day, my SIL Dana and BIL Peter came over for lunch. Hubby and I got up early to make oven fried chicken, squash casserole, homemade rolls, noodles, and salad. Dessert was Christmas cookies I made the day before.

The F&F scarf is finished, blocked, and gifted. My SIL loves it. I was worried it would be too scratchy but she said no. I even offered to knit a replacement if it was. She gave me a purple sequined CD case full of Celtic music CDs to listen to on the computer or while I'm knitting. She's so thoughtful!

I made my mom another pair of Elfin Slippers. I was still knitting them on Christmas Eve. I barely got them washed and dried in time to give them to her yesterday. No picture of this FO. They were black and wouldn't have photographed well anyway. My mom told me my SIL Mindy liked them. I take that as a hint that she wants a pair too. :-)

Too tired to do much else last evening, I pulled out my spinning wheel and spun up half of the merino/silk from Elizabeth. Once I get it spun and plyed, I'll know how much yardage I'll have for a shawl. I've been looking at lace books for patterns but haven't found what I want yet.

I'll throw in a couple of pics from a previous project. I finished the Mystery Stole II several months ago from an online KAL. It's beautiful and very long! I'm seriously thinking about donating it for an auction fundraiser at Pet Refuge. Of course, I have to ask the designer for permission before I do so.

The pattern is the Scheherazade Stole by Melanie at Pink Lemon Twist. You can find it here as a downloadable pdf file for $6.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!!!
:0)
Kitt

CC said...

Gorgeous, good work.

Where was this Mystery KAL?